Chip Compton has more than 30 years of commercial brokerage, consulting and risk management experience and was a founding partner and owner of a Savannah-based insurance agency for more than 17 years.
Chip focuses on designing cost-effective risk transfer programs for complex property-casualty accounts in the Hospitality, Construction, and Manufacturing industries.
An active supporter of his community, Chip has volunteered his time and talent with numerous organizations, including:
- Savannah Benevolent Association (Board Member)
- The Telfair Museum (Board of Trustees and Past President)
- Savannah Country Day School Board of Visitors (Chairman)
- Savannah Country Day School Board of Trustees (Past Chairman)
- Vestry of St. John’s Church
- BB&T Bank (Former Director)
Chip has also been actively involved in the insurance profession on a local, regional and national levels, including serving in various positions including:
- Young Agents of Georgia (Former Chairman)
- Independent Insurance Agents of Savannah (Former President)
- Independent Insurance Agents of Georgia (Former Board Member)
- CNA Advisory Board (Former Chairman)
- Zurich Insurance Advisory Board (Former Chairman)
- Georgia Agency Partners (Former Chairman)
Chip holds a Bachelor of Business Administration in Management from the University of Georgia.